All non-Bahamians or Permanent Residents seeking to do business in The Bahamas must submit a Project Proposal to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
Non-Bahamians must meet a minimum capital investment of BS$500,000 and the proposed investment must not be in an area reserved for 100% Bahamian participation.
Categories eligible for Business proposals/Investments:
a) Touristic resorts
b) Upscale condominium, timeshare and second home development
d) Information / data processing;
e) Assembly industries
f) High-tech services
g) Ship registration, repair and other ship services
h) Light manufacturing for export;
j) Food processing
k) Mari culture
l) Banking and other financial services;
m) Captive Insurance
n) Aircraft services
o) Pharmaceutical manufacture;
p) Offshore medical centers
q) Wholesale distribution of any product produced locally
- Submit a Project Proposal, along with supporting documents to the Bahamas Investment Authority.
- The BIA will process the application and submit the same to the National Economic Council for a determination.
- Depending on the nature of the proposed business activity, the relevant Government Ministry or Agency would be consulted for input:
- Ministry of the Environment.
- Ministry of Works and Transport.
- Ministry of Housing.
- Respective Family Island Local Government.
4. Once a determination has been made, the BIA will communicate to the applicant in writing.
5. Once approval is obtained, the BIA also coordinates with other Government agencies and facilitates the implementation of projects.
Browse 970 work & immigration visas in 150 countries.
Ask a visadb expert
Got a question? Send us a message