Work Visas are 'Iqamas' granted to public and private sector employees. On accepting an employment offer, the procedure to obtain Kuwait Residence Visa on a Work Visa begins.
- The employment offer is made and accepted
- The sponsor applies for the work permit at the MSA&L (Ministry of Social Affairs & Labour)
- Private sector employers obtain an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the Criminal Investigation Department
- On receipt of the work permit from the MSA&L the employer sends a copy to the employee in his country of origin. This copy is then to be submitted to the Kuwaiti Embassy for endorsement, after which an entry visa is applied for.
- On arriving/returning to Kuwait the employee is obliged to undergo further medical tests which comprise a chest x-ray and blood tests for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis (B&C), Typhoid and Malaria. If any person is found to be carrying any of the above diseases they are immediately deported
- Fingerprinting and security clearance is mandatory for all expatriates arriving in Kuwait
- Application for the residence permit is to be made at the Immigration & Passport Department in Shuwaikh. A maximum period of five years will be granted at a cost of KD10 per year
Browse 970 work & immigration visas in 150 countries.