United States
highly skilled visas
Visa is Required




Permanent Residence




About Visa

Foreigners who are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent may apply for an EB2 Green Card- Advanced Degree.

The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or it's equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field)

Application Process:

  • To qualify for an EB-2 visa, your employer must file a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. Please check with your employer for more details. For the form details, check here.

  • If you are currently in the United States, and eligible, you may file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to apply for a Green Card without leaving the country

  • You are eligible for lawful permanent residency (Green Card) through this process

Note: Employment-based, second-preference petitions must generally be accompanied by an approved individual labour certification from the Department of Labor on Form ETA-750. Please see the Department of Labor’s “Foreign Labor Certification” page for more information.

You may bring your spouse and kids along. Processing time may vary on case basis.

Add or Edit

Updated 2 days ago

Step by step trip planning, departure, security and safety alert for your destination.

Need Help?
Ask a visadb expert


Got a question? send a message

Do not share you private information.
Please Login To comment here