United States
highly skilled visas
Visa is Required




Permanent Residence




About Visa

Foreigners who are professionals and wish to work in the United States can apply for EB3 Green card Professionals visa which grants direct permanent residence (i.e. a Green Card) in the United States.

Professionals” are persons whose job requires at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent and are a member of the professions

To be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • be able to demonstrate that you possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign degree equivalent and that a baccalaureate degree is a normal requirement for entry into the occupation

  • be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States

  • Education and experience may not be substituted for a baccalaureate degree

Note: Labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer required

You can bring your spouse and kids along.

Application Process:

  • Your employer (petitioner) must file a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.

  • As part of the application process, your employer must be able to demonstrate an ability to pay the offered wage as of your visa priority date.

  • Your employer may use an annual report, federal income tax return, or audited financial statement to demonstrate an ability to pay your wage.

Add or Edit

Updated 2 days ago

Step by step trip planning, departure, security and safety alert for your destination.

Need Help?
Ask a visadb expert


Got a question? send a message

Do not share you private information.
Please Login To comment here