Documents and Requirements for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa 
Authored by Paula Vazquez
Table of Contents:
- What is the Spain Digital Nomad Visa?
- Who can apply for the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
- Can documents do I need to apply for the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
- Three important things to know about the Spain Digital Nomad Visa Application
Spain, known for its vibrant culture, beautiful landscapes, and sunny weather, has embraced this trend by introducing the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa. 🎉
The Spain Digital Nomad Visa is an exciting opportunity for remote workers and digital nomads to live and work in the country. As the number of digital nomads keeps rising, a few countries have recognized the potential economic and cultural benefits of attracting this community.
Learn more about the documents and requirements for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa in 2023 in this blog entry and prepare to apply to move to Spain as a digital nomad.
What is the Spain Digital Nomad Visa?
The Spanish Digital Nomad Visa is for individuals who want to reside in Spain and can work remotely for a company outside the country using telecommunication technologies. It starts at one year of length and can be extended for three more, potentially leading to permanent residency.
Who can apply for the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
- A remote worker for a foreign company that has been in business for at least three years.
- A freelancer if their Spanish clients are not more than 20% of their income.
Both remote workers and freelancers need an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a University, College, or Business School of prestige. If you do not have a degree, you can have at least three years of work experience in your current field of activity.
- You must earn a quantity exceeding 200% of the monthly Spanish national minimum wage. You must earn approximately 2140 euros per month or 25700 euros per year.
If you need assistance applying for your Spain Digital Nomad Visa, contact our verified experts here.
Can documents do I need to apply for the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
According to the government of Spain, all applicants need the following documents to apply for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa:
- You must fill in and sign the visa application form. You must provide a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope with your full name and address.
- Take a recent, passport-size, color photograph taken against a light background, facing forward, without dark or reflective glasses or any garments concealing the oval of the face.
- Your original passport and a copy are valid for at least one more year and have at least two blank pages. It will not be accepted if your document was issued more than ten years ago.
- You must submit the original and a copy of the criminal record certificate from the countries of residence for the past two years.
- You must submit a responsible declaration confirming the absence of criminal records for the last five years.
- You must provide the original and a copy of the certificate accrediting the public or private health insurance contracted with an insurance entity authorized to operate in Spain.
- You must show work contracts, bank statements, payslips, etc. to prove that your income is at least 2140 euros per month or 25700 euros per year.
- You must submit a copy of your university degree of at least three years of antiquity or prove that you have experience in your field for at least three years.
- You must show certification of working for a foreign company with the length of the contract and explicit consent to work remotely in Spain.
- You must submit the company certificate of when it was registered and accredited by the government.
Three important things to know about the Spain Digital Nomad Visa Application
- Your passport will stay at the consulate or government office during the application period.
- Your criminal records certificate cannot be older than six months.
- Your insurance policy must cover all the risks covered in Spain's public health system. You need proof of having registered it with the Spanish National Social Security.
The Spanish Digital Nomad Visa represents an exciting opportunity for remote workers and digital nomads in 2023. Take a chance to enjoy Spanish communities, workspaces, and vibrant culture.
5 Questions About Montenegro Digital Nomad Visa
Read 5 questions about Montenegro's Digital Nomad Visa, relocating to the country, tourist visa, immigration permit alternatives, and professional advice.
Top Retiree Visa Options in Latin America
Here you can find the top retiree visa options in Latin America: income requirements, durations, and expert fees.
Colombia Digital Nomad Visa - Immigration Questions
In this article, you can find 10 Immigration Questions about the Colombia Digital Nomad Visa.
Canada Digital Nomad Visa: Requirements and News
Learn more about the Canada Digital Nomad Visa: Requirements and News.