Vietnamese Work Permit & Temporary Residence Card - Application service

travel_exploreImmigration & Residency


A Work Permit enables foreign workers in Vietnam to be employed and conduct business activities that result in profits. Foreign investors who have companies in Vietnam can be exempted from work permit applications. A Work Permit is issued for 12-24 months and can be renewed. The length of the application process is estimated to take 20-30 working days. Holders of a valid Work Permit in Vietnam, members of the Board/Directors of a Joint-Stock Company, founders of companies in Vietnam, professionals, students, and trainees via national working or studying programs are eligible candidates for a temporary residence card.

The main purpose of the card is to prove identity and serve as an entry visa when traveling to Vietnam. Foreigners residing in Vietnam for at least one year should apply for a TRC immediately after their arrival to the country, and the processing takes from 5 to 7 working days.

Included in this service


Advising Visa Approval Letter


Advising the requirement for the local representation, sponsorship letter, and invitation letter requirements


Assisting with permit renewal and extension


Advising on how to obtain a Work Permit

Pricing Breakdown

Price breakdown for all categories of services.

Full Service

$450 - $1000



Frequently Asked Questions

Users ask this questions about this service.

  • The Work Permit is issued for 1 - 2 years.

  • Yes, WP can be converted into TRC


Martin T.

verified_userVerified by Visadb


Hire with confidence is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration