Individual Tax Return and Filing for US Expats Living Abroad

travel_exploreTax Optimization


Our sole focus is tax return preparation and providing advisory services to Americans living abroad. From simple tax returns to very complex tax returns, we have the expertise to guide you in any situation and give you the piece of mind you need.

You must still submit your US individual income tax return yearly and include your global income on the tax return if you are a US citizen or Green Card holder who lives and works outside of the US.

Your global income is liable to U.S. income tax whether you reside domestically or overseas. Individuals can, however, take advantage of a number of international tax credits and exclusions that can significantly lower or even eliminate their US tax obligations.

Chat with us now for further information.

Included in this service


Advice about Foreign Income Exclusion


Advice about Tax Filing & Return for US Expats

Pricing Breakdown

Price breakdown for all categories of services.

Consultation Call


Frequently Asked Questions

Users ask this questions about this service.

  • While the regular US tax filing deadline is April 15, if you are a US citizen residing abroad you are automatically entitled to a 2-month extension until June 15th without having to ask for one. By submitting Form 4868 to the IRS, you can ask for an extension until October 15th if you need more time.

    It is crucial to remember that the extension is only available for tax return filing. Any tax debt must be paid in full by April 15th, beyond which point interest will start to accumulate on the tax payment that is due.

  • You can be eligible for foreign earned income exclusions (FEIE) and/or foreign income tax credits if you're a U.S. citizen residing abroad. Both contribute to lowering or eliminating US tax obligations. Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad, is a good resource for further information. The aforementioned article covers particular tax regulations for Americans who work overseas and receive income from other nations.

    You can also be eligible for the foreign housing deduction and the foreign earned income exclusion if you fulfill the conditions. If qualified, you can avoid paying any taxes on up to around $105,000 (annually adjusted for inflation) of your income.


Mohammad K.

verified_userVerified by Visadb


Hire with confidence is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration