Spouse Visa

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cost of Living
Talent Migration


Any person that has married a Bosnian citizen or national needs to apply for the Family Reunification Visa in order to enter Bosnia & Herzegovina on a temporary residency. After the first year, the temporary permit can be renewed for longer.


up to 1 year





P. Residency

5 years


Processing time

1 week




What are eligibility requirements for the Spouse Visa?

2 Eligibility Requirements

  • Certificate of Marriage.
  • Sufficient funds.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Spouse Visa?

17 Document Required

  • Evidence on secured accommodation in BiH - evidence on possession of real estate wherein is located apartment or contract on rent of apartment, statement by landlord where alien has secured accommodation giving consent for the utilization of apartment with evidence on property or utilization of apartment.
  • All foreign documents must be translated into one of languages which are in official usage in BiH
  • Application for issuance of approval/extension of approval of temporary residence in BiH (you may undertake the form at the field office or download from the official website of Service, it has to be duly completed by hand or typed, signed by the applicant of application and printed on one sheet of paper, both sides).
  • BAM 150 of administrative fee for approval/extension of temporary residence.
  • Recent photo, size 35x45mm.
  • Copy of passport - page with data, last entry into BiH, visa for long term residence visa ‘D’- time validation of travel document should be at least three months longer than requested period of approval of temporary residence.
  • Copy of form of registration of alien’s residence - ‘white card’ (only when he/she submits application for approval of temporary residence).
  • Copy of last decision/notice on approved temporary residence or sticker of approval of temporary residence (only when he/she submits application for extension of temporary residence).
  • Marriage certificate - certificate from Register of marriages by the competent Registry Office in BiH, not older than six months, except if is issued without deadline of validity, or matching document by the competent authority of other country issued on international form, wherein is visible fact of conclusion of marriage with the BiH citizen, or certified copy of marriage certificate with certified official translation.
  • Certificate on citizenship for the BiH citizen - spouse, not older than six months, except if it is issued without deadline of validity.
  • Certificate on registration of residence of the BiH citizen- spouse.
  • Statement on living in common household.
  • Evidence on means for subsistence with guarantee statement- statement certified by municipal authority or notary which binds the BiH citizen that he/she shall bear all costs of alien’s stay in BiH, costs of medical treatment, subsistence and other costs which may incur during spouse’s stay, alien in BiH, and other costs of placing under surveillance, voluntary leaving or forcible removal, as well as other costs of alien’s exit from BiH. With guarantee statement, evidence on source of income (possession of cash, bank or pension check, work permit, certificate on employment, contract on work, evidences on means of cashless payment or other evidence such as real estate providing incomes, means based on investing or other evidence from Article 23, of Law on Aliens).
  • Medical attestation issued no latter than three months prior to the date of submitted application indicating that the alien does not suffer from a disease presenting a threat to public health in BiH issued by the competent medical institution for conducting medical checks. The medical certificate is not being added on occasion of residence extension except in extraordinary cases upon the evaluation of competent field office.
  • Evidence on secured health insurance in BiH for alien and the BiH citizen spouse (insurance policy, copy of health card, evidence on registration at the Fund of health, evidence on paid individual or collective travel health insurance, work permit and other evidences).
  • Attestation of the competent authority in the alien's country of origin confirming that no criminal proceedings and penalty for criminal acts have been imposed against him/her.Such certificated shall not be issued latter than six months prior the date of submitted residence aplication. This evidence is not being disseminated for aliens submitting application for extension of temporary residence except in extraordinary cases upon evaluation of competent field office.
  • Evidence that no criminal proceeding is being conducted, issued by the competent court in BiH, not longer than 6 months prior to submitting application and certificate on no criminal record issued by competent Ministry of Internal Affairs in BiH, if checks are not disseminated officially (evidence is not being disseminate when it is approval of residence).

Talent Migration data for Bosnia and Herzegovina

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa

Visadb.io is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration