Work Visa - Scientific Research

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cost of Living
Talent Migration


In order to be able to carry out work duties as a Research worker in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the interested needs to apply for a Work Permit to get a Temporary Residence Permit.



up to 1 year





P. Residency

5 years


Processing time

5 days Month(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Work Visa - Scientific Research?

2 Eligibility Requirements

  • Evidence on university education that enables him/her the approach to the PhD programs.
  • Contract on visiting regarding to the project with scientific-research organization.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Work Visa - Scientific Research?

16 Document Required

  • Application for issuance of approval- extension of approval of temporary residence in BiH, (you may undertake the form at the field office or download from the official website of Service, it has to be duly completed by hand or typed, signed by the applicant of application and printed on one sheet of paper, both sides).
  • BAM 150 (86 USD) of administrative fee for approval-extension of temporary residence.
  • Recent photo, size 35x45mm.
  • Copy of passport (page with data, last entry into BiH, visa for long-term residence, visa ‘D’, BiH) deadline of validity at least three months longer from period for which the approval of temporary residence is being asked for.
  • Copy of form of registration of alien’s stay –‘white card’ (only when is being submitted request for approval of temporary stay).
  • Copy of last decision on approved temporary residence or stickers of approval of temporary residence (only when is being submitted application for extension of temporary residence).
  • Evidence on university education that enables him/her the approach to the PhD programs.
  • Evidence that he/she has an experience and knowledge that refers on research project.
  • Contract on visiting regarding to the project with scientific-research organization concluded prior submitting of application for temporary residence wherein is stated period of research duration.
  • Evidence that scientific-research organization which has been concluded contract on visiting undertakes responsibility for alien during the period of research which include costs of subsistence, accommodation, food, health insurance and return.
  • Medical attestation indicating that the alien does not suffer from a disease presenting a threat to public health in BiH,( original or certified copy) not older than 90 days, issued by the competent medical institution for conducting medical checks. The medical certificate is not being added on occasion of residence extension except in extraordinary cases upon the evaluation of competent field office.
  • Evidence on secured health insurance in BiH for alien (insurance policy, copy of health card, evidence on registration at the Fund of health, evidence on paid individual or collective travel health insurance and other evidences).
  • Attestation of the competent authority in the alien’s country of origin confirming that no criminal proceedings and penalty for criminal acts have been imposed against him/her. Such certificated shall not be issued later than six months prior the date of submitted residence application (original or certified copy); this evidence is not needed to be disseminated for aliens submitting application for extension of temporary residence except in extraordinary cases upon the evaluation of competent field office).
  • Evidence that no criminal proceeding is being conducted issued by the competent court in BiH, not longer than 6 months prior to submitting application and certificate on no criminal record issued by competent Ministry of Internal Affairs in BiH, if checks are not disseminated officially (evidence is not being disseminate when it is approval of residence).
  • Evidence on secured accommodation in BiH - evidence on possession of real estate wherein is located apartment or contract on rent of apartment, statement by landlord where alien has secured accommodation giving consent for the utilization of apartment with evidence on property or utilization of apartment.
  • All foreign documents must be translated at one of languages which are in official usage in BiH.

Talent Migration data for Bosnia and Herzegovina

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration