Atlantic High Skilled Program

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a partnership between the Government of Canada and the 4 Atlantic provinces New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

It helps employers in the Atlantic region hire job candidates who aren’t Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If the candidate and employer meet the requirements, the candidate gets permanent resident status in Canada.

The Atlantic High-Skilled Program is for workers with experience in management, professional or technical/skilled jobs. There are also educational requirements. The job must last at least 1 year.

Application Process:

· Get your application package.

· Fill up all the forms as guided.

· Gather all documents, forms, application along with the fee and mail them to the CIO (Centralized Intake Office) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

NOTE: You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.



Lifelong Month(s)



36 Month(s)



764 approx.


P. Residency

1 Month(s)


Processing time

up to 24 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the Atlantic High Skilled Program?

9 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have a job offer by an employer who is taking part in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot by the Atlantic province (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island) where you’ll be working.
  • Your job experience and the offered skill should be one of the NOC skill types 0, A or B. Check link for details.
  • The job offered to you must be a full time and non seasonal type.
  • You must have worked at least 1,560 hours in NOC skill type/level 0, A, or B. , in the last three years, which is equal to working 30 hours per week.
  • You must have a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree or a foreign degree, diploma, or certificate, equal to a Canadian credential.
  • If you have studies outside Canada, then you will need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a recognized organization to show your credential is valid and equal to a Canadian credential.
  • You must take one of the approved language tests to show you can communicate in English or French well enough to live and work in Canada.
  • You must show evidence of enough money to support yourself and your family (Even if the entire family isn't moving with you).
  • If you’re already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit, you don’t need to show proof of funds.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Atlantic High Skilled Program?

19 Document Required

  • Job offer contract (Made through Offer of Employment to a Foreign National form (IMM 5650).
  • Proof of previous relevant work experience, must be at least 12 months of authorized, full-time (or part-time equivalent) work experience within the 36 months before your application is received.
  • Copy of your most recent work permit in Canada (if applicable).
  • Employer reference letters for the periods of work experience identified in your application.
  • Copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (if applicable).
  • Pay stubs.
  • Proof that you have sufficient funds that are transferable and available for settlement in Canada, for yourself and your family.
  • If you are applying from inside Canada: submit proof that you have valid temporary resident status.
  • The endorsement letter from the Atlantic province that has endorsed you.
  • The original results of your language proficiency test that shows you meet a minimum of level 4 of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or Niveaux de competence linguistique Canadian (NCLC) for listening, speaking, reading and writing.
  • proof that you have obtained a minimum of a high school diploma. Proof of your completed studies can include copies of your education documents (diplomas, certificates or degrees) and transcripts for successfully completed studies (if available).
  • Copy of the pages of your passport or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children.
  • Identity and Civil Status Documents of you and your spouse/common law partner.
  • Children's Information like children's birth certificates, adoption papers, Proof of full custody for children under the age of 18, etc. (as applicable).
  • Police Certificates and Clearances for yourself and your dependents.
  • Two (2) photos for you and each member of your family, whether accompanying or not, and yourself.
  • Evidence of all the fees payment.
  • This checklist, filled up and attached along with the application.
  • Complete application and forms, filled up and signed.

Talent Migration data for Canada

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration