Greece Digital Nomad Visa

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


If you want to live and work remotely in Greece, you can apply for the Greece Digital Nomad Visa and stay there for up to 12 months. This entry permit is for foreigners who are self-employed or work in foreign companies and work through Internet Communication Technology (ICT).

One of the requirements (as seen below) is to have a medical certificate filled in. You can find it here.



1 year





P. Residency

2 years


Processing time

10 days Month(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Greece Digital Nomad Visa?

3 Eligibility Requirements

  • Sufficient resources to stay in Greece (around $3500USD per month)
  • Be able to work remotely using Information and Communication Technologies ICT with employers or clients outside Greece.
  • The applicant should not be considered a threat to public order, internal security, public health or international relations nor be registered as a persona non grata in national databases.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Greece Digital Nomad Visa?

10 Document Required

  • A medical certificate from a recognized state or private body, showing that the applicant does not suffer from a disease capable of posing a risk to public health in accordance with the international data of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the EU acquis, as well as other infectious, contagious or parasitic diseases, which require measures to protect public health (more information on infectious diseases can be found on the website of the Hellenic National Public Health Organization - EODY).
  • A solemn declaration stating that you will reside in Greece with the intention of providing distant work and that you will not provide any services to employers based in Greece.
  • For employed digital nomads: Proof of employment with an employer (natural or legal person) established outside of Greece for any period which covers the visa issue time.
  • For self-employed digital nomads: Information on your status as well as on the name, registered office, field of activity and corporate purpose of being self-employed in your own undertaking outside Greece.
  • Proof of sufficient economic resources (around $3500USD monthly) to cover your living expenses without being a burden to the national social system.
  • A complete and signed application form with a recent colored photograph complying with the ICAO specification. The application shall be in the form of a solemn statement provided for in the provisions of paragraph 6 of Article 22 of L. 1599/1986 declaring that the included data are true and the supporting documents are not false or falsified.
  • Passport valid for at least three months from the date of departure from Greece. In cases of urgency it may be waived. All passports must be issued within the previous decade and contain at least 2 blank pages.
  • Criminal records from your country of residence for the past year (either ACRO certificate or DBS Enhanced certificate are accepted and they should be issued within the last 6 months from the date of the application submitted at the VAC).
  • Travel insurance policy with a period of validity being the same as the one of the visa. It must cover repatriation for medical reasons, emergency medical care and hospital care.
  • A medical certificate downloaded from the official site.

Frequently asked questions

Monitor key metrics, check reporting and review insights

  • You can apply as long as your current visa is still valid.

  • Yes, you need to comply with the proper funds and documentation.

  • This amount is increased by twenty percent (20%) for the spouse or cohabitant and by fifteen percent (15%) for each child. Amounts are in USD.

  • During their stay in Greece, the spouse or partner and family members of the breadwinner are not allowed to provide dependent work or to engage in any form of economic activity in the country.

  • You can renew it each two years.

  • Periods of absence from the country do not hinder the renewal of the residence permit, as long as they do not exceed six months per year.

Talent Migration data for Greece

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire experts for Greece is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations.

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration