The visa is highly attractive for digital nomads who are looking for a location that is tax-friendly, has a good quality lifestyle, and is affordable. The main benefits of the program include:
• Fast processing time: You will be able to complete the entire online in under 30 days. The Panama immigration office is currently working to enable the online platform to process applications efficiently and timeously.
• Affordable: The total cost of the visa application is $250.
• Tax benefits: Panama is a tax-friendly nation that will not tax remote workers on any income sourced from outside of Panama. In addition, residing in Panama for 9 months or more is enough time to apply for tax residency, which means you may be able to avoid paying tax to your home country.
• Quality of life: Panama offers an attractive lifestyle for nomads. It has long been a favorite destination for ex-pats and retirees alike, with its warm climate, beautiful scenery, and vibrant cities. It is also relatively affordable compared to developed Western nations.
• Extended stay: The visa offers a stay period of at least 9 months, with the opportunity to extend it for an additional 9 months.
The visa costs include:
• $250 application fee payable to the National Immigration Agency.
• $50 for the issuance of the visa card.
Disclaimer: This visa application is not open yet, and this information is not from an official source. We'll update soon. You can currently apply with an attorney.