You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada after you have had the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP):
· 24 months of authorized full-time live-in employment.
· The work experience must be acquired within four years of your date of arrival.
· You have a valid work permit to work in a home offering live-in care for children, seniors or the disabled.
To attain Permanent Residency under the LCP program, you need to have a LCP work permit. To know how to obtain it check: Apply for LCP Work Permit.
Your work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program may also allow you to apply for permanent residence through the 'Caring for Children' or 'Caring for People with High Medical Needs' pathway.
· Get your application package.
· Fill up all the forms as guided.
· Gather all documents, forms, applications along with the fee and mail them to the Case Processing Center in Edmonton, Canada.
NOTE: You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
3 Eligibility Requirements
16 Document Required
Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.
Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.
Improve this page
Visadb.io is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.
No platform fee
Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.
Verified & Licenced Experts
We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.
We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration