Rentista Visa - For Retirees

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


Retirees and pensioners who receive a state or private pension or other benefits (for example a disability pension) of at least US$ 1000 per month or the equivalent in any other currency can apply for a permanent residency in Peru called Rentista Visa. For each dependent (such as a spouse) who should be included in the visa, the proof of an additional US$ 500 is required.

Note: You are not allowed to work or receive a remuneration for any kind of professional activity in Peru when living in the country on a Rentista Visa.

Please check with your nearest consulate if you need to enter Peru and then apply for this visa.



Lifelong Month(s)



60 Month(s)



35 (approx.)


P. Residency

1 Month(s)


Processing time

4-8 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the Rentista Visa - For Retirees?

7 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have an income of min. US$ 1000 per month or the equivalent in any other currency, from outside source as pension. An addition of US$ 500, each dependent added.
  • You must be willing to stay indefinitely without any remuneration activity in Peru.
  • You must declare police certificates.
  • You must share the details of the foreign source, from which money enters to Peru.
  • You must have a valid passport.
  • You must enter Peru legally (example: on a tourist visa), in case you applying in Peru for this visa.
  • Additional requirements might be present on case basis.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Rentista Visa - For Retirees?

12 Document Required

  • Application form F-007, filled and signed.
  • Receipt from the Banco de la Nacion (code 01814) for paid application fee.
  • Passport and copy of the pages with the personal information and entry stamp (as applicable).
  • Sworn statement not to record criminal, judicial and police records at national and international level.
  • Letter from your pension fund or social security stating that you receive a monthly income of at least US $1,000 or the equivalent in any other currency, with an apostille from the respective public institution in the country of origin (or has to be legalized by a Peruvian consulate abroad and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Peru).
  • Letter issued by a notary in Peru stating that you wish to apply for a rentista visa, confirming that you can fulfill the requirements and don't intend to work.
  • Interpol clearance - Ficha de canje internacional (as applicable).
  • In the case of income from a national source, a document certifying the beneficiary's perception.
  • Affidavit that the money enters the country through a banking institution in case of income from a foreign source.
  • Proof of an additional income US $500.00 for each family member or dependent.
  • Appointment letter copy.
  • All documents that are in a foreign language must be translated into Spanish by a Collegiate Translator.

Talent Migration data for Peru

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration