Working Holiday Visa - Sub Class 462

Cost of Living


A working holiday visa is a residence permit allowing you to undertake employment and holiday (and sometimes study) in Australia. For many young people, holding a working holiday visa enables you to experience living in Australia without undergoing the usual costly expenses of finding work sponsorship in advance or going on expensive university exchange programmes.

You need to:

  • have enough money to pay for a return ticket, and

  • be coming mainly on holiday, with work being a secondary intention.

Age: Available to 18-31 years old

Family: You can not bring your children or family members.



12 months






Reciprocal Basis






Very Low

Eligibility Requirements

13 Eligibility Requirements for Working Holiday Visa - Sub Class 462

  • Applicant must have a valid passport.
  • Applicant must be at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time of lodging application.
  • Applicant must not be accompanied by dependants.
  • Applicant must have enough funds for maintenance during the period of initial stay in Australia.
  • Applicant must have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of stay.
  • Applicant must have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa.
  • Applicant must be of good character.
  • Applicant main intentions must be a holiday.
  • Applicant must have Health insurance in Australia.
  • Applicant will not be covered by Australia's national health scheme (Medicare) unless his/her country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.
  • Applicant must be in good health.
  • Applicant must have a letter of support from government.
  • Applicant must meet educational requirements.

Document Requirements

8 Document Required for Working Holiday Visa - Sub Class 462

  • Copies of the biographical pages of your current passport or travel document (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
  • A copy of birth certificate showing both parents' names.
  • Two recent passport-sized photographs (45x35 mm). Print your name on the back of each photograph.
  • Copies of military service record or discharge papers (If you have served in armed forces).
  • Evidence of sufficient funds for personal support during your stay in Australia, of approximately AUD 5000.
  • Copies of onward travel ticket out of Australia OR sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket at the conclusion stay.
  • Copies of relevant educational qualifications.
  • You must provide evidence that you have at least functional English.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.