Student Visa

Cost of Living


The Bolivia student visa is the option you will choose if you are planning to study as a foreign student at a Bolivian secondary school or university, for a period of one (1) to three (3) consecutive years.

The Bolivia student visa is an entry visa only. Once you have entered Bolivia, the student will have up to sixty (60) days to complete his/her application for up to three (3) years of residency. Should the student not complete their studies in 3 years, he/she can apply to extend the residency for periods of up to three (3) more years until graduating.

Processing time may take up to 8 week(s) from filing the application.

You can bring spouse and kids with you.

The general application process is ;

  1. Find a course in an approved educational institution of Bolivia

  2. Contact the university and initiate your application process.

  3. Find out the requirements from the university to get the acceptance/admission letter.

  4. Get the acceptance/registration letter from the university in Bolivia

  5. Prepare your visa application and gather other required documents for it.

  6. Apply for a student visa online and prepare to move to Bolivia



12 months



36 Month(s)



43 USD - 85 USD







Eligibility Requirements

6 Eligibility Requirements for Student Visa

  • You need a passport valid for at least 6 months.
  • You should be of good conduct.
  • You should be in good health.
  • You need sufficient funds to cover stay period.
  • You need to enroll in an educational institute in Bolivia.
  • You need confirmed Itinerary or travel reservation.

Document Requirements

10 Document Required for Student Visa

  • Completed Sworn Statement for Visa Application.
  • Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
  • One recent 2"x2" passport type photograph.
  • Certificate of good conduct/Police Record.
  • Medical certificate stating that applicant does not suffer from contagious disease (must include an ELISA analysis for HIV).
  • School Transcript.
  • Copy of Itinerary or travel reservation.
  • If the applicant is a minor, according to Bolivian law, legal permission from parents or guardians, countersigned by competent authority to travel and stay in Bolivia.
  • Certification of financial standing of the applicant or parent, if applicant is a minor.
  • Corresponding acceptance of a Bolivian university and/or educational institution.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.