The granting of a rentier temporary residence visa is aimed at all foreign citizens who intend to settle in the country to carry out lawful activities with a regular immigration status.
For the issuance of the annuitant category, in addition to the general requirements contemplated in the Organic Law of Human Mobility, you must present the documents that certify the monthly income of legal income in a personal capacity abroad or in Ecuadorian territory, such as contracts of leases, investment titles and other similar, equal to or greater than (3) three Unified Basic Salaries of the worker in general, which must be apostilled if they have been issued in a country party to the Hague Apostille Convention; and, legalized if they have been issued in a country that is not a party to said agreement.
Additionally, you must present valid national or foreign health insurance for the same period of the visa. In case of being contracted with a foreign company, the policy or the contract must indicate that it has coverage in Ecuador.
5 Eligibility Requirements for Temporary Resident - Rentista Visa
- You need a passport valid for at least 6 months.
- You should not be considered a threat to the Ecuadorian State.
- You should be of good character.
- You need a source of licit income in a personal capacity abroad or in Ecuador.
- You need to pay visa fee.
8 Document Required for Temporary Resident - Rentista Visa
- Visa application form.
- Certificate of migratory movement (requirement applicable only within the country).
- Regular immigration status (requirement applicable only within the country).
- Certificate of criminal record of the country of origin or of the places where you have resided for the last 5 years –apostilled or legalized.
- Documents certifying the entry of licit income in a personal capacity abroad or in Ecuador, such as: leases, investment bonds and the like, duly legalized or apostilled in case of proceeding from abroad and registered by competent authority, in case of being within the country.
- In accordance with the Sole Article of Executive Decree No. 310 of January 31, 2018, “The health insurance requirement for the time of stay for foreign persons entering Ecuador, will be required after a ninety (90) day period counted from the date of entry into force of this Executive Decree”. The Executive Decree came into effect on January 31, 2018.
- Color photograph in JPG format maximum of one MB, 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches), updated, with white background, facial expression must be neutral (preferred), or have a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Original and copies of valid passport for at least 6 months from application.
Frequently asked questions
Monitor key metrics, check reporting and review insights