Highly skilled workers - France EU Blue Card

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


Only highly skilled workers with a diploma granted after 3 years of higher education or five years of comparable professional experience at least, are eligible for this type of visa. This visa falls under the Talent Passport Card category

The categories exempted from this visa are:

  • Third country nationals that hold a short-stay visa – marked as Famille de Français (‘Family of a French national’).
  • EU nationals.
  • EEA nationals (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).
  • Nationals of the principalities of Monaco and Andorra.
  • Nationals of San Marino and the Holy See.
  • Foreign nationals and their families who have acquired long-term resident status in another EU country.
  • Students who have attended school in France without interruption from the age of 16 and are continuing their studies in the country.


48 months max.



120 Month(s)



112 (approx.)


P. Residency

60 Month(s)


Processing time

4 weeks min.




What are eligibility requirements for the Highly skilled workers - France EU Blue Card?

4 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must be 18 years old and above.
  • Your employment contract is equal to or exceeds one year.
  • You must hold a qualification demonstrating at least three years of higher education awarded by a State-recognised higher education establishment or have at least five years’ comparable professional experience.
  • Your salary must be at least equal to 1.5 times the average gross reference salary fixed annually by decree by the Minister of Immigration.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Highly skilled workers - France EU Blue Card?

8 Document Required

  • Application form dated and signed.
  • ID photograph.
  • If you are not a national of your country of residence, please provide proof of your legal residency in this country (e.g. residence permit, etc.).
  • Travel document, valid for at least three months after the planned date of return.
  • A degree resulting of at least three years of higher education, issued by a higher education institution recognized by the State in which it is located or any document justifying at least five years of professional experience in a similar field.
  • CERFA form corresponding to your professional situation, accompanied by the documents listed in this form and sent to you by your employer.
  • Documents to be provided by the employer: - an updated certificate of registration (Extrait Kbis) or an up-to-date K extract or an artisan card. - proof of payment of social contributions to the body responsible for their collection and to the paid leave fund, if the foreigner's employer is subject to such obligation.
  • Employment contract with at least one-year validity, with gross annual income of at least €53,836.50.

Talent Migration data for France

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration