Passeport Talent” “chercheur” (Scientist/researcher)

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


You will be issued with a long-stay visa bearing the statement “passeport talent” “chercheur” (Scientist/researcher). In the two months following your arrival in France, you can apply for a multi-year residence permit. The period of validity will be based on the duration of the employment contract and will be valid for a maximum period of four years.



48 months



84 Month(s)





P. Residency

60 Month(s)


Processing time

8 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the Passeport Talent” “chercheur” (Scientist/researcher)?

5 Eligibility Requirements

  • Applicant employment contract must be equal to or exceeds 1 year.
  • Applicant must hold a qualification demonstrating at least three years of higher education awarded by a State-recognised higher education establishment or have at least five years’ comparable professional experience.
  • Applicant salary must be at least equal to 1.5 times the average gross reference salary fixed annually by decree by the Minister of Immigration (€35,891 since June 26, 2016).
  • Applicant must have clean criminal record.
  • Applicant must have sufficient means of subsistence.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Passeport Talent” “chercheur” (Scientist/researcher)?

6 Document Required

  • Applicant must enclose with visa application the hosting agreement (in French only) signed by the French authorities. Signed by a public or private research organisation or higher education establishment (certified for this purpose), attests to applicant quality as a researcher as well as the purpose and duration of your stay in France.
  • CERFA form n°14076*01 or 14571*05, duly completed, dated and signed.
  • If you are not a national of your country of residence, please provide proof of your legal residency in this country (e.g. residence permit, etc.).
  • Travel document, valid for at least three months after the planned date of return.
  • "Convention d’Accueil" (Hosting agreement for a researcher or teaching researcher) issued by an accredited organization and stamped by the competent prefecture.
  • Diploma of a Master’s degree or higher.

Talent Migration data for France

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration