Hong Kong’s Startup Visa is designed for foreigners who who wish to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) to establish or join a startup registered in Hong Kong. under General Employment Policy HKSAR.
You can bring your family members and the processing time for this visa is 4 weeks.
The Immigration Department may consider the application favourably, if the start-up business concerned is supported by a government-backed programme with a rigorous vetting and selection process, and the applicant is the proprietor or partner of the start-up company or a key researcher of the relevant project.
Examples of government-backed programmes include:
(1) StartmeupHK Venture Programme administered by InvestHK;
(2) Incu-App, Incu-Bio and Incu-Tech programmes administered by the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation;
(3) Cyberport Incubation Programme;
(4) Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Programme and Enterprise Support Scheme administered by the Innovation and Technology Commission; and
(5) Design Incubation Programme administered by the Hong Kong Design Centre.
10 Eligibility Requirements
19 Document Required
Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.
Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.
Improve this page
Visadb.io is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.
No platform fee
Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.
Verified & Licenced Experts
We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.
We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration