Student Visa

Hong Kong
Cost of Living
Talent Migration


Applicants who wish to enter the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for study

Note: This entry arrangement does not apply to Chinese residents of the Mainland and Taiwan and former Mainland Chinese residents settled in Macao who were not settled there by 14 January 1979. However there are certain criteria where they can apply for this visa. Please check this link for more details.



Upto 72 month(s)



84 Month(s)



25 USD (approx.)


Processing time

6 week(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Student Visa?

7 Eligibility Requirements

  • The applicant should be admitted to a private school registered under the Education Ordinance or Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance or; take up studies in a full-time locally-accredited post-secondary programme including short-term course or part-time locally-accredited taught postgraduate local programme or;get admitted on exchange in full-time locally-accredited local programmes at sub-degree level for not more than 6 months or on exchange in full-time locally-accredited local or non-local programmes for not more than one year at undergraduate or above level or get enrolled in a full-time course on the register of non-local higher education or professional courses as set up under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education
  • The applicant should hold a school acceptance letter to confirm that he/she has been accepted for a course of study
  • The applicant's age should be of 5 years and 8 months to 11 for primary education or; below the age of 20 for secondary education
  • The applicant must nominate a local sponsor, can be the educational institution granting the course
  • The applicant should be able to meet expenses of the course fee or should have a scholarship to show that the tuition fees would be covered
  • The applicant must hold valid travel document
  • Additional requirements may be present on case basis

Which documents do I need to apply for the Student Visa?

9 Document Required

  • Application form filled and signed (ID 995A & 995B)
  • One recent photograph
  • Photocopy of passport/travel document
  • A letter of acceptance from the educational institution
  • A consent letter duly signed by both the guardian and one of the applicant's parents should be produced, in case the applicant is under age of 18
  • Photocopy of proof of the applicant's accommodation arrangement, if the applicant is under age of 18
  • Photocopy of proof of the applicant's financial support, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips, if the sponsor is the educational institution
  • For more details on documents of sponsor, if it's not the educational institution, check this link
  • Additional documents may be required, details to be checked with the employer directly

Talent Migration data for Hong Kong

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration