Retirement Temporary Stay Permit (ITAS).

Cost of Living


Applicants who are 55 years or old and who have a constant flow of pension deposit of min. 18000 USD per year can apply for the retirement stay permit in Indonesia.

Application Process

  • Apply for the retirement visa with the necessary documents at the consulate of your home country.
  • Travel to Indonesia.
  • Submit the application for ITAS (Temporary Stay Permit).
  • After renewals up to 5 years, be eligible to apply for applying KITAP (Permanent Resident Permit).

Note: Applicants are not allowed to work in Indonesia under this retirement visa.

Also note: The following countries will require a calling visa (prior approval for ITAS) - Afghanistan, Guinea, Israel, North Korea, Cameroon, Liberia, Nigeria, Somalia. Please contact the consulate of your home country for more details.



12 months min.



60 Month(s)



700 max. (approx.)



60 Month(s)




Eligibility Requirements

6 Eligibility Requirements for Retirement Temporary Stay Permit (ITAS).

  • You must be 55 years old or older.
  • You must have a valid passport, min. 18 months from the date of arrival.
  • You must have a pension/income in your account, min. 18000 USD/year.
  • You must declare a letter stating of you not working in Indonesia and employing a maid, leasing a house to cover your stay.
  • You must have a valid health insurance.
  • You must pay all the required fee and obtain the residence permit according to the procedure.

Document Requirements

8 Document Required for Retirement Temporary Stay Permit (ITAS).

  • Copies of all passport pages.
  • A letter that states you will employ a maid, will not be working in Indonesia and that you have secured your accommodation.
  • In case you are renting, the lease agreement must include the property owner’s name, address of the house, the amount of rent, and you must also attach a copy of the landowner’s identity card (KTP).
  • Copy of both your health insurance policy and life insurance policy.
  • Copy of a bank account statement; or a proof that you are holding a pension (and any other documentation that proves you have sufficient funds at your disposal, min. of 18000 USD/year).
  • Color photo 3cm x 4cm, red background (6 pieces).
  • Sponsorship letter (as applicable).
  • Marriage certificate (if applicable).

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.