Job Seeker Visa

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


If you are a no EU/EEA citizen and You have graduated or obtained a PhD or performed scientific research and wish to find a job or start your own company in Netherlands, you need a residence permit 'orientation year highly educated persons

Application Process:

  • Submit application and payment (To travel to the Netherlands, you need a provisional residence permit (mvv). The mvv is a sticker that the Dutch representation places in the passport.)
  • After you have submitted the application, you will get a letter from the Dutch representation stating how the fees are to be paid.
  • Decision is made within 90 days
  • You collect the mvv and travel to Netherlands

Upon successful application

  • Collect your residence permit
  • Registration with the municipality
  • TB test
  • Take out health insurance


12 months



120 Month(s)





P. Residency

60 Month(s)


Processing time

8-12 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the Job Seeker Visa?

8 Eligibility Requirements

  • Applicant must not have previously had a residence permit to look for work after study, doctoral programme or scientific research on the basis of completing the same study or doctoral programme or performing the same scientific research.
  • Applicant have completed an accredited bachelor’s or master’s programme or a post-master's programme of at least an academic year (a minimum of 10 months) in the Netherlands in past three years; or
  • Applicant have completed a master’s or post-master’s programme or have obtained a PhD at a designated educational institution abroad in past three years; or
  • Applicant have had a residence permit in the Netherlands for the purpose of scientific research or a residence permit for the purpose of working as a knowledge migrant to undertake scientific research in past three years; or
  • Applicant have obtained a master’s degree on the basis of an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course in past three years; or
  • Applicant have completed a study in relation to the Cultural Policy Act in past three years (for more information, see:; or
  • Applicant have completed a study that is provided in relation to the development cooperation policy of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in past three years (for more information, see:; or
  • Applicant have completed a higher education programme designated by ministerial order in past 3 years.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Job Seeker Visa?

5 Document Required

  • Copy of your passport (page with your identity details as well as the pages with travel stamps, do not send copies of empty pages).
  • Completed and signed appendix ‘Antecedents Certificate’ (form to be downloaded from
  • Completed and signed appendix ‘Declaration of intent to undergo a TB test’ (if applicable) (form to be downloaded from
  • Documents showing that you qualify for the orientation year including your course details completed in the past 3 years and the results you obtained.
  • For more details, refer:

Talent Migration data for Netherlands

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration