Student Visa

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


If you an non-EU/non-Swiss citizen and planning to study at a university or university college in Sweden for longer than three months, you must have a residence permit. The permit must be in place before you travel to Sweden.

Application Process

If you need a visa for travel to Sweden, you should go to the embassy or consulate-general as soon as possible to have your picture and your fingerprints taken. 

If you do not need a visa for travel to Sweden, as soon as possible after your arrival in Sweden you should visit the Migration Agency to be photographed and fingerprinted, taking the permit decision copy along. 



12 month(s), can vary



60 Month(s)



110 USD (approx.)


P. Residency

48 Month(s)


Processing time

4-8 week(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Student Visa?

4 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must hold a valid passport, with minimum validity of your permit.
  • You must be accepted on a course of full-time study at a university or university college. Please check the link to find your university in Sweden.
  • You must be able to support yourself during the period for which you are applying for.
  • You must have a comprehensive insurance policy.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Student Visa?

6 Document Required

  • Valid passport copy
  • Student card or certificate where you are enrolled
  • Certificate of admission or registration at an educational establishment for the purpose of attending academic
  • Letter of Acceptance confirming enrollment in the college /university.
  • Proof of financial means for the stay, like a bank statement. If sponsored, then proof of sponsorship
  • Documents like civil registry certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate for children, etc, in case family and spouse also applying for residence permits along with you.

Talent Migration data for Sweden

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration