Thailand Work Visa – Type B

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


To legally work in Thailand, a foreigner must apply for a work permit. To secure a work permit in Thailand, a foreigner needs an initial visa, which is a non-immigrant visa. The non-immigrant visa must be obtained before entering Thailand and should be applied at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

Once the foreigner has a non-immigrant visa, he may begin to process the work permit. The work permit process would take 7 business days to accomplish. The work permit application is processed in the Ministry of Labor office.

A foreigner is eligible to apply for a work permit as long as he has a non-immigrant visa or a resident visa, has an available employer who will provide documents for a work permit, and the occupation he will perform is not prohibited to foreigners.

Processing time for the visa and work permit will usually take 2-4 weeks.

Spouse and kids may be brought along, on this visa



90 days Month(s)



60 Month(s)



60 USD


P. Residency

36 Month(s)


Processing time

1 to 2 week(s)



Very Low

What are eligibility requirements for the Thailand Work Visa – Type B?

7 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have a job contract from a Thailand employer
  • You must have Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour, which will be obtained by your employer
  • You must have a valid passport or travel document, not less than 6 months of validity
  • You must show evidence of enough funds (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family) at the time of application
  • You must of good health and character and be able to provide evidence, if required
  • You should have the qualifications and professional experience for the job offered, as applicable
  • Other requirements may be present and will be guided to you by the employer

Which documents do I need to apply for the Thailand Work Visa – Type B?

7 Document Required

  • Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completed and signed
  • Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months
  • Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
  • Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour
  • Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand)
  • Other documents may be present and will be provided to you, by your employer

Talent Migration data for Thailand

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration