The Royal Thai Government has introduced step to attract talents and technologies with a view to further develop its targeted industries or the so called S-Curve industries. The SMART Visa program has then been designed to enhance Thailand’s attractiveness in drawing science and technology experts, senior executives, investors and startups.
The SMART Visa is a new type of visa specially designed to encourage highly-skilled professionals and talents to work or invest in the 10 targeted S-Curve industries, namely.
(1) next-generation automotive,
(2) smart electronics,
(3) affluent, medical and wellness tourism,
(4) agriculture and biotechnology,
(5) food for the future,
(6) Automation and robotics,
(7) aviation and logistics,
(8) biofuels and biochemicals,
(10) medical hub.
The SMART Visa provides more benefits and privileges than any other types of visa. These benefits include:
(1) Visa validity up to 4 years (instead of the usual 1 year).
(2) No requirement of work permit.
(3) Extension of reporting of stay to Immigration Bureau – from every 90 dayS to every year.
(4) The right of legal dependents (spouse and children) of the SMART Visa holder to live and work in Thailand equivalent to SMART visa holder (only SMART T type allows dependents of SMART Visa holder to work in Thailand).
5 Eligibility Requirements
10 Document Required
Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.
Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.
Improve this page
Visadb.io is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.
No platform fee
Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.
Verified & Licenced Experts
We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.
We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration