U.K. Investor visa (Tier 1) 5M option

United Kingdom
Cost of Living
Talent Migration


Individuals from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland and who would like to invest £5,000,000 or more in the UK can apply. The age should be 18 years and above.

Application Process

1. Submit application online.

2. Get your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.

3. Collect your bio-metric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you actually arrive at a later date).

4. You’ll have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.

4. Application gets approved in 3 weeks and within 90 days should visit the UK and submit proof of investment.

5. You receive your Tier 1 Investor visa valid for 3 years and 4 months.

NOTE: Permanent residency can be applied after 3 years from being held in Tier 1 investor visa with 5M GBP investment.



40 months



60 Month(s)



2,040 (approx.)


P. Residency

36 Month(s)


Processing time

3 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the U.K. Investor visa (Tier 1) 5M option?

6 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have at least £5,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
  • Your funds must be held in one or more financial institutions and free to be spent in the UK, money can be in the UK or overseas while applying.
  • You should be 18 or over to apply for this visa.
  • You should be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner.
  • You have opened a UK bank account.
  • Students with financial sponsorship may be able to apply for Tier 1 (investor visa).

Which documents do I need to apply for the U.K. Investor visa (Tier 1) 5M option?

5 Document Required

  • Current passport or other valid travel identification, you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
  • Criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years.
  • Evidence of Investment funds: (a) If it’s your own money, then need to show the amount of money you have, the location where it’s stored, where has the money come from and the money can be transferred to the UK, (b) If it’s your partner’s money, then you will need to provide a certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships proving that you are in a long term relationship (at least 2 years) and a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK, a letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid.
  • Certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.

Talent Migration data for United Kingdom

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: Visadb.io is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration