Creative and Sporting Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)

United Kingdom
Cost of Living
Talent Migration


You must apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa if you are a Non-EEA/Swiss citizen and have been offered work in the UK as a sportsperson or creative worker.

A creative worker is someone who works in the creative industry, for example, an actor, dancer, musician, or film crew member. The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organization.

NOTE: You’ll still need to apply for this visa if you’re traveling to the UK from the Republic of Ireland and you’re from outside the EEA and Switzerland.



12 months



310 (approx.)


Processing time

3 weeks




What are eligibility requirements for the Creative and Sporting Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)?

6 Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have a certificate of sponsorship reference number.
  • For Sports Person: You need to make a significant contribution to your sport at the highest level in the UK.
  • For Creative Worker: make a unique contribution to the UK labor market, for example, you’re internationally renowned or are required for continuity.
  • For Creative Worker: the minimum salary paid should be, as set by Equity, PACT, or BECTU (except for models, musicians, or circuses).
  • You must pay the health surcharge as part of your application.
  • You must have £945 in bank account for 90 days before applying to provide evidence of financial sustainability. (Not required, if your fully approved (‘A-rated’)sponsor has stated on your certificate of sponsorship that they’ll certify your maintenance and that you will not claim benefits during your stay).

Which documents do I need to apply for the Creative and Sporting Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)?

6 Document Required

  • Current passport or other valid travel identification, You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
  • Bank statements showing you’ve had at least £945 in savings continuously for 90 days before you apply.
  • Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
  • A letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body, if you’re applying as a 'sportsperson or coach'.
  • You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
  • Find the application guidance form in this link, for more details.

Talent Migration data for United Kingdom

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration