Charity Worker Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)

United Kingdom
Cost of Living


Foreign nationals (Non-EU/EEA and Non-Swiss) can apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa if they want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity. Applicants must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer before they can apply to come to the UK to work.

The work in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organization.

Applicants cannot receive any payment for work, take a permanent job and get public funds while on this visa.

You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application and collect the permit within 10 days of when you said you would arrive in the UK.

NOTE: A second job in the same sector or in the Tier 2 occupation shortage category is allowed, 20 hours per week.



12 months






310 (approx.)







Eligibility Requirements for Charity Worker Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)

3 Eligibility Requirements

  • Applicant must be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
  • Applicant must have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from the respective UK sponsor.
  • Applicant must have £945 in a bank account for 90 days before applying to provide evidence of financial sustainability. (Not required, if your fully approved (‘A-rated’)sponsor has stated on your certificate of sponsorship that they’ll certify your maintenance and that you will not claim benefits during your stay).

Document Requirements for Charity Worker Visa (Tier 5 Temporary)

6 Document Required

  • Current passport or other valid travel identification, You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
  • Bank statements showing you’ve had at least £945 in savings continuously for 90 days before you apply.
  • Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
  • You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
  • You must pay the health surcharge as part of your application.
  • Find the application guidance form in this link, for more details.

Cost of living

Avarage cost of living in

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration