In accordance with the relevant provisions of the 20 Exit and Entry Policies and Measures of Beijing Innovation and Development, entrepreneurship visa can be obtained with the certificate issued by the Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun Science Park.
Foreign members of a startup in Zhongguancun (who fail to obtain work permit) apply for residence permit for private affairs (note "entrepreneurship").
This visa aims to attract and encourage skilled and talented entrepreneurs to set up their new business in China. In other words, foreigners can live in China while legally conducting business activities. This would include things like market research, finding and leasing office space, hiring staff, and various other clerical tasks required to set up a business
7 Eligibility Requirements for Private Residence Permit (entrepreneurship) Visa
- Being registered in Zhongguancun within 5 years.
- Serving as Director or above.
- Over 5% Equity Ownership.
- *One of the above 2 or 3 coincides.
- The applicant must provide an innovative business plan and show their intent to invest in this plan. Agreeing to work in a business incubator upon arrival may also be required.
- Foreign students studying in a Chinese university who have an innovative business plan related to the government-designated science and technology parks, incubators, and maker spaces in specific areas such as Changning and Yangpu in Shanghai.
- Recent high-calibre foreign graduates from top universities in either China or abroad who have made outstanding achievements in innovation and entrepreneurship (they must have only graduated up to 2 years ago).
8 Document Required for Private Residence Permit (entrepreneurship) Visa
- Application of Employer.
- Commitment of employer.
- Commitment of individual.
- Registration Form for Recognition of Foreign Membership.
- Employment Contract.
- Certificate of Residence of Entrepreneurial Service Institutions.
- Employer's Business License.
- Valid passport.