Study Permit for University college or University

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


If you wish to study or go to school in Norway for more than three months, you must apply for a study permit. If you are granted a study permit, you will also be able to work for up to 20 hours a week while you are studying and full-time during holidays.



12 months





Processing time

8-10 Week(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Study Permit for University college or University?

7 Eligibility Requirements

  • Applicant must pay an application fee.
  • Applicant must have been admitted to a university college or university.
  • Applicant must study full-time.
  • Applicant must have enough money to live on, at least NOK 116369 per year. This money may consist of student loans, grants, own funds that you have in a Norwegian bank account or the deposit account of the educational institution, or a combination of the above. If you have already been offered a part-time job in Norway, the income from this work may be included.
  • If applicant have to pay tuition fees, applicant must also have money to cover this.
  • Applicant must have someplace to live in Norway.
  • The circumstances in the applicant's home country must indicate that it is likely that the applicant can return home when he/she has completed studies.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Study Permit for University college or University?

13 Document Required

  • Passport and copy of all used pages in passport.
  • Signed cover letter from the Application portal (or application form).
  • 2 new/recent passport size photos with white background.
  • CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) if the applicant is over 18 years old.
  • FRC (family registration certificate) if the applicant is over 18 years old, or CRC (Child registration certificate) if the applicant is under 18 years old.
  • Completely filled in family forms for parents and parents-in-law's- and own family.
  • A letter of full-time admission from an approved educational institution, stating your name, which studies you have admission to, at what level the studies are and how long the program lasts.
  • Certificate of Matriculation (attested by the relevant local Education Board).
  • Higher Secondary School Certificate (attested by the relevant local Education Board).
  • University or college certificate/transcripts/degrees.
  • Documentation that you have sufficient funds for your living expenses.
  • Documentation that you are able to pay the tuition fees (if you are required to pay tuition fees).
  • UDI's checklist, filled out and signed.

Talent Migration data for Norway

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations. Read more about us here.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.

as seen inFeatured in BBCFeatured in Business InsiderFeatured in CNNFeatured in The Next WebFeatured in The Guardian

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration