Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

Cost of Living


The Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) Work Permit is a temporary resident permit, which is granted to a foreigner, delegated by a foreign employer, who intends to work in Poland for a year or more. You should be a non-Eu/non-EEA citizen to apply for this permit. An ICT residence permit can be issued for a maximum period of three years to managers and specialists and for one year to trainees.

The employer initiates the application process.



36 months max.



156 Month(s)



60 (varies)



120 Month(s)




Eligibility Requirements

5 Eligibility Requirements for Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

  • The applicant must have a work permit issued by your foreign employer or a declaration of intention to entrust work to a foreigner.
  • The applicant should have been employed within the same group of companies for at least 12 months prior to the transfer in the case of managers and specialists, and at least 6 months in the case of trainees.
  • The host company will have to provide evidence that the non-EU national manager or specialist has the professional qualifications and adequate professional experience needed for a given a job/ position, or in the case of trainees an appropriate diploma.
  • The applicant should have a health insurance.
  • The applicant must be able to prove sufficient financial means, where the wage should match Polish standards.

Document Requirements

12 Document Required for Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

  • A visa application form, duly completed.
  • A passport, valid until at least three months after the planned departure from Poland.
  • Biometric, passport size picture(s).
  • Secured work permit or declaration of intention by the foreign employer to entrust work to a foreigner.
  • Payment proof of visa fee.
  • Proof of travel insurance or international medical insurance.
  • Proof of sufficient financial means.
  • Documents stating the purpose of your visit and confirming the necessity of a long-term stay.
  • Document confirming the period of the deployment and amount of remuneration, which should match Polish standards.
  • Certificate of discharge of fiscal obligations due to the Treasury issued by the tax office with jurisdiction over the foreigner's place of residence.
  • Information from the country commissioner concerning the results of the labour market test.
  • PIT (Personal Income Tax) form filed with the tax office.

feedbackImprove this page

Hire verified experts for your next visa is trusted and funded by European Union, UNWTO, CORFO, MITEF and other organizations.


No platform fee

Visadb is free for all users and we charge experts a fee.


Verified & Licenced Experts

We select high-reputation Experts, conduct video-interviews and verify their businesses.