Vietnam Work Permit

Cost of Living
Talent Migration


If you wish to work and reside in Vietnam for an extended period, you need to apply for a longer-term Work Permit. A work permit is required when working in Vietnam for more than three months.

The processing time for a Work visa may take from 6-12 weeks from the application day.

You can bring your spouse and kids with you.

The general application process is :

  1. Get the employment letter or Work contract from the employer in Vietnam.

  2. Prepare your visa application and gather other required documents for it.

  3. Apply for a Work visa and prepare to move to Vietnam.



3 months and more



60 Month(s)





Processing time

3 to 4 Month(s)




What are eligibility requirements for the Vietnam Work Permit?

3 Eligibility Requirements

  • You need a passport/travel document valid for at least 12 months
  • You must possess the required skill/experience demanded by the job offered
  • You need a job offer from an employer in Vietnam

Which documents do I need to apply for the Vietnam Work Permit?

12 Document Required

  • Visa application form, completed and signed
  • Copies of job offer letter from an employer in Vietnam
  • Copies of work experience from previous employers
  • Copies of valid passport (like the bio page, past visas, etc)
  • If you are not a national of your country of residence, please provide proof of your legal residency in this country (e.g. residence permit, etc.)
  • Original health certificate (as applicable)
  • Identity documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, common law certificate (as applicable)
  • Proof of clean criminal record from home or residence country
  • Copies of travel health insurance
  • Two passport size photos
  • Copies of employer’s Business certification
  • Visa fee payment receipt

Talent Migration data for Vietnam

Talent gain & drain map of 2015-2019 data. Sourced from World Bank Digital Development Data.

Disclaimer: is a FREE visa database and Immigration Expert Marketplace. The information displayed in this page is not legal advice. Please speak to an Expert before applying.

feedbackImprove this page

Subscribe to our newsletter

We send you latest news and updates about Visa and Immigration