110 USD (approx.)
If you are the citizen of a non-EU country and want to be a visiting researcher, you need to obtain a residence permit.
A visiting researcher is a person who has taken their doctor's degree or is qualified to start their doctoral studies and who has been invited by a Swedish institution to conduct research in Sweden.
- You can apply for residence permit online.
- You cannot enter Sweden until the permit has been granted.
- If you are currently in Sweden with a valid residence permit for studies you may submit an online application while in Sweden.
- You will probably be required to pay an application fee
- Once they have received your application, if you obtain a permit for more than three months, you will also receive a residence permit card.
- The decision will be sent to the embassy or consulate general you indicated in your application
NOTE: A person who has been admitted to postgraduate education in Sweden in order to take a PhD or is going to do part of their postgraduate education in Sweden is not counted as a visiting researcher.
Add or Edit
Updated 2 days ago
Step by step trip planning, departure, security and safety alert for your destination.
Ask a visadb expert
Got a question? send a message