Burkina Faso
highly skilled visas
Visa is Required



110 USD (approx.) USD

Permanent Residence

48 Month(s)


60 Month(s)

About Visa

If you are the citizen of a non-EU country and want to be a visiting researcher, you need to obtain a residence permit.

A visiting researcher is a person who has taken their doctor's degree or is qualified to start their doctoral studies and who has been invited by a Swedish institution to conduct research in Sweden.

Application Process:

  • You can apply for residence permit online.
  • You cannot enter Sweden until the permit has been granted.
  • If you are currently in Sweden with a valid residence permit for studies you may submit an online application while in Sweden.
  • You will probably be required to pay an application fee
  • Once they have received your application, if you obtain a permit for more than three months, you will also receive a residence permit card.
  • The decision will be sent to the embassy or consulate general you indicated in your application

NOTE: A person who has been admitted to postgraduate education in Sweden in order to take a PhD or is going to do part of their postgraduate education in Sweden is not counted as a visiting researcher. 

Browse 970 work & immigration visas in 150 countries.

Need Help?
Ask a visadb expert

Got a question? Send us a message

Do not share you private information.
Please Login To comment here